Communications Project Manager
The Marketing and Communications Department at Aquinas College seeks applicants for a full-time (40 hours per week) Communications Project Manager to oversee marketing and communications, be it internal or external that effectively describe and promote the school and its programs. This includes direction of the College’s website, social media and intranet, while also collaborating on strategic marketing approaches for the school. Collaborates with other Marketing and Communication team members on public relations, event planning and other efforts as needed, including production of the annual Aquinas Magazine.
- Successfully coordinate a moderate-to-heavy workload of projects that integrates a pool of team members (creative, technical, business and strategy) and works across departments developing project briefs and reporting on status of projects.
- Supervision of Web Content Specialist, helping to create and implement college social media strategies, developing web content and measuring analytics. Works with social media administrators to maximize consistent, brand-supporting messaging. Leads concepts for social media campaigns when appropriate.
- Co-manages editorial planning and content coordination of the annual Aquinas Magazine. Responsible for gathering photography, editing and proofreading content for the magazine and providing design feedback. Serves as point of contact for magazine vendors.
- Lead and manage College photography and videography partners to enhance the website and other promotional channels including foundation and admissions storytelling needs
- Manage content of Aquinas Collections, College’s digital photography database.
- Write, edits and manages the AQ Newsletter (monthly internal e-newsletter).
- Manage ACORN (Aquinas College Online Resource for News) (internal communications platform).
- Writes and edits content for departmental brochures, advertising, and print marketing needs and incorporates key messages and writing style guidelines to support the College brand and strategic priorities.
- Writes news releases and assists with media relations.
- Serves as lead planning team member for major college events, including commencement, annual awards gala and homecoming. Also project manages associated publications such as Aquinas Magazine, and programs for Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement
- Solicits and incorporates internal and external feedback for continuous marketing and communication strategy evolution and improvement.
Knowledge and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Marketing, Advertising, English, etc. or equivalent related experience.
- Master’s degree in related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of marketing and communication, supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects and assignments concurrently and keep others within schedules
- Knowledge and proven track record managing online marketing, social media and video and photo production.
- Understanding of digital marketing tools, SEO, and paid advertising platforms
- Experience with content management systems. Working knowledge of WordPress and Drupal preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, possess a keen design eye
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, including the daily-use familiarity with The Associated Press Stylebook & Briefing on Media Law and ability to write for the web.
- Exceptional content creation, editorial, editing and proofreading capabilities.
- Ability to verbally interface with all levels of internal and external contacts including students, faculty and staff.