Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (part time)
Aquinas College is seeking an Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (part time)
Reporting to the Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, this role will assist in recruitment, maintaining roster size, practice planning, game scheduling, travel arrangements, student-athlete academics and athletic performance, and budget management of the Aquinas College Men’s Lacrosse Program.
- Assist in the planning, organization and the on-going development of the athletic programming and activities of the program.
- Assist in scheduling all practice, scrimmages, and games.
- Assist in all travel and game requirements.
- Assist in the building of a cohesive and competitive program.
- Recruit academically and athletically qualified, full-time student-athletes to participate in the program.
- Promote the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement of a study program.
- Assist athletic department in athletic issues as needed.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements
- Ability to represent Aquinas College and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role model for all student-athletes.
- Valid CPR Certification
- Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and be responsible for driving Aquinas College vehicles and/or rental vehicles when assigned for away contests.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Business office/outside environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone
- Must be able to travel (schedule may include day, evening and/or weekend availability, overnight stay, and use of own transportation)
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.