Campus Safety Dispatcher (Part Time)
Aquinas College Campus Safety is seeking a part-time dispatcher. The position provides emergency response to the community. The individual is tasked with maintaining safety and security on the college campus, enforcing college regulations, and protecting and providing services to students, faculty, employees and visitors.
- Supervise, mentor and train student workers.
- Compile, manage and publish Clery information as required.
- Secure buildings, exterior and interior, after business hours.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Report unauthorized or disruptive persons.
- Ability to show initiative while unsupervised.
- Admit authorized persons to college buildings after normal hours.
- Monitor special events and activities.
- Regulate and enforce campus traffic and parking regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- CPR certification or a willingness and ability to obtain the certification within 90 days required.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic Life Saving certification or a willingness and ability to obtain the certification within 90 days required.
- Prior experience in security, law enforcement, and/or military dispatching preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing a radio system required.
- Ability to utilize a comprehensive integrated phone system required.
- Ability to use a variety of office software (Word, Excel, email) required.
- Flexible work schedule possible based on student schedules.
- Ability to work scheduled holidays and weekends required.
- Outstanding customer service skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations required.
- Ability to prioritize the seriousness of situations required.