Student Engagement Coordinator in the Center for Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
The Center for Diversity, Inclusion and Equity at Aquinas College is seeking a full-time Student Engagement Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of the center. This role will provide support to underrepresented student populations, while creating an environment where everyone feels welcome.
This is a 12-month, full-time staff role.
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. Master’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution preferred.
- Experience with diverse cultures and diversity-related program design, along with a demonstrated value for diversity and inclusion issues.
- Advisory skills and experience advising student groups
- At least one year of administrative experience including strong computer skills
- Proficiency in a second language would be preferred
Specific Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating retention and support programs and services for racially and ethnically underrepresented students.
- Promote multicultural awareness and programming on campus and assist in daily operations of the Center for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Building relationships with students on campus to aid in the retention of underrepresented populations.
- Facilitate workshops for staff, faculty and students to address specific issues regarding diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Assist the director with strategic planning for the center and assessment efforts
- Maintain website/social media and provide updates as needed
- Advise cultural student organizations on campus
- Supervise student assistants for various projects
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Office environment that requires sitting for long periods of time
- Use of typical office equipment
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in different settings across campus to attend meetings and events
Aquinas College, an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic and Dominican traditions, provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good.
Aquinas College is recognized as the exceptional Catholic liberal arts college that prepares individuals for careers of leadership and service in developing a sustainable and just global community. Aquinas College is recognized by its values: Faith, Service, Learning and Community.
Aquinas College is committed to equality. We believe that diversity is a blessing, which brings a richness of perspectives to our intellectual, cultural, social, and spiritual life. All members of our community - faculty, staff, and students - will demonstrate respect for each other regardless of our differences. All of us will be sensitive in our actions, words, and deeds.
A complete application includes a resume, and cover letter submitted to the Aquinas College career site. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Confidential inquiries can be made to Maureen Walsh, Director of Human Resources at Aquinas College at email@example.com.