Vice President for Advancement
Aquinas College seeks a dynamic and experienced leader for the Vice President for Advancement. This critical role reports to the President, participates in the President’s Cabinet, and assists the College with establishing and achieving aggressive fundraising goals. This individual will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances for sustainable philanthropic support.
The Vice President for Advancement will be a visionary and strategist and will work closely with the President and Board of Trustees to plan and implement fundraising strategies; capital campaigns; grow the Aquinas College endowment; supervise and pursue grants; and lead revenue generation for the College to advance the mission.
This role has overall leadership responsibility for all aspects of the Office of Advancement including Alumni Relations, the Annual Fund, Community Relations, Data Services & Tracking, Gift Processing, Grants, Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Stewardship.
The successful candidate will be able to anticipate emerging trends and issues and develop a clear sense of purpose and goals that focus and drive the creative energy of the Office of Advancement in alignment with the College’s mission, vision, and values. This individual will be dedicated to position the Office of Advancement for success presently and for the next generation.
Educational requirements and desired experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of ten years in major gift fundraising experience that includes campaign planning and execution, preferably in higher education
- Understanding of how fundraising works in the context of higher education
- Demonstrated success leading major campaigns
- Ability and desire to adhere to principles of environmental stewardship as they relate to philanthropy and fund development including working with donors who are passionate about sustainability. General knowledge of the LEED certification system, sustainable investment mechanisms such as green revolving funds, and sustainable business models and practices.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills required
- High level of comfort with analytics and the ability to use data to inform strategy
- Confident presentation skills required
- Ability to manage a demanding schedule that includes some overnight travel
Aquinas College, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in Catholic and Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.
A complete application will include resume and cover letter, and three professional references.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Confidential inquires can be made to Maureen Walsh, Director of Human Resources at Aquinas College by contacting her at firstname.lastname@example.org.