Director of Information Technology and Services (ITS)
Aquinas College seeks a Director for the Information Technology & Services (ITS) department.
This position will be responsible for the strategy, execution and management of the information system infrastructure. This position will supervise the IT staff, with a focus on delivering comprehensive, relevant and timely services to the Aquinas College community. The position will require leadership in the decision making process with regard to the computer hardware/software applications and networking requirements of Aquinas College. This will include overseeing technical projects for proper alignment with the college strategic plan.
- Partner with senior leadership to align information technology infrastructure with the college strategic direction.
- Ability to conceptualize, propose, and communicate ITS strategies and programs with senior leadership and campus departments.
- Understand and provide solutions for complex technology issues.
- Develop, design, and implement all ITS initiatives. This includes all computer hardware, software, networking, and maintenance contracts for campus-wide technology needs.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects at a college-wide level, at times simultaneously.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with various committees throughout the campus to inform the entire campus community as to the status of ITS projects and plans.
- Assist with ITS initiatives, on occasion, to ensure successful completion in the committed timeframe.
- Solicit input from the college community as to ideas, concerns, problems, and areas where services could be improved.
- Supervise, develop and direct ITS staff.
- Build a high-performing team equipped to handle daily tasks, projects of various size and potential crisis situations involving technology.
- Update and integrate technology-related processes and procedures to support the needs of the college.
- Maintain effective, positive communication with college personnel (department team members, end users and management).
- Participate in professional organizations, seminars and reading to maintain contact with people, ideas, and approaches relevant to college computing.
- Manage departmental budget in light of campus fiscal resources.
- Submit and justify requests for capital and operating expenditures pertaining to ITS.
- Report to the Vice President / Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong leadership and management qualities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Significant experience in managing IT personnel
- Comprehensive technical knowledge in IT systems and emerging technologies including computing networks, server operations, database systems, and system design and implementation.
- Experience managing enterprise data projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Management, Business, or Computer Information Systems.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), database management, network administration, etc. (preferably in higher education)