Graduate Assistant - Sports Information
The Athletic department seeks a Graduate Assistant - Sports Information and will work directly with the Assistant Athletic Director forCommunications & Marketing and the Associate Sports Information Director in various functions of promoting Aquinas athletics, its teams, athletes, andcoaches through a number of outlets.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the sports information department, including writing game recaps, previews, and news stories.
- Update and maintain AQSaints.com, the official Aquinas athletics website.
- Produce and create content for AQ’s social media outlets (@AQSaints on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), while helping to create graphics and templates for use on those sites.
- Keep in-game statistics using StatCrew.
- Assist with gameday management and training/oversight of student staff, including video streaming of home events.
- Serve as primary contact for select Aquinas sports and assist with several other teams.
- Help produce game programs for various sports.
- Promote Saints athletics to local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Assist with marketing and sponsorship opportunities and fulfillment of current sponsors.
- Support and help the Assistant Athletic Director and Associate Sports Information Director with various projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Evening and weekend work is required, along with occasional travel opportunities with teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Prior experience working in a college sports information department or similar athletics office.
- Knowledge of StatCrew software and in-game statistics.
- Experience with various Adobe Creative Suite Programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Premier).
- Strong understanding of social media outlets.
- Knowledge and experience working with video editing systems is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Acceptance of the position is contingent on the candidate's acceptance in one of Aquinas' graduate programs.
- Writing and graphic design samples and other supporting materials can also be included and are encouraged upon applying.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Business office/outside environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone.
- Must be able to travel (schedule may include day, evening and/or weekend availability, overnight stay, and use of own transportation).
- May be heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.