Part-Time Irish Dancing Coach/Instructor
The Athletic Department seeks a part-time Irish Dancing/Coach reporting to the Office of Academic Affairs and be responsible forrecruitment, maintaining roster size, practice planning, performance andcompetition scheduling, travel arrangements, and budget management of theAquinas College Irish Dance Club.
- Responsible for the planning, organization and the on-going development of the programming and activities of the program.
- Responsible for scheduling all practice, performances, and competition.
- Responsible for all travel and game requirements.
- Responsible for building a cohesive and competitive program.
- Recruit academically qualified, full-time student-athletes to participate in the program.
- Assist in collaborative efforts between the Irish Study Abroad and Irish Studies minor as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Conform to all Student Affairs policies and procedures as required.
- Represent Aquinas College and the Office of Academic Affairs, as a professional, and as a role model for all student clubs and registered organizations.
- Report any known violations or concerns to administration.
- Abide by the regional and national rules and regulations of Irish dancing.
- Facilitate with the athletic department and conferencing departments allocation of space usage and rentals of the Irish Dance Studio.
- Explore, research and if plausible plan and organize hosting an Irish feis on campus.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Have a least one year Irish dancing coaching/instruction experience (TRCG certification preferred).
- Possess a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and be responsible for driving Aquinas College vehicles and/or rental vehicles when assigned for away contests.
- Have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the college student and recruitment techniques (preferred).
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Ability to work actively with Irish dancers in order to direct and coach.
- Must be able to travel (schedule may include day, evening and/or weekend availability, overnight stay, and use of own transportation).
- May be heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.