The Housekeeping Department at Aquinas College is seeking a Housekeeper. The Housekeeper performs various tasks, procedures, and processes related to the care, cleanliness, and general appearance of Aquinas College and its facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms and shower areas, keeping them supplied with toilet paper, paper towel, and hand soap.
- Empties containers for trash, recycling, and composting. Replaces liners as needed and keeps receptacles clean.
- Records weight measurements for trash, recycling, and composted materials.
- Cleans carpeted areas with a vacuum.
- Sweeps and wet mops hard floor surfaces in bathrooms, stairwells, and hallways.
- Dusts and or washes surfaces and fixtures to include furniture, desks, windows and window blinds, chalkboards and whiteboards, lights, railings, walls, doors, and knobs.
- Monitors and reports building maintenance needs.
- Strips, shower scrubs and waxes tile floors.
- Shampoos and extracts carpeting, including removing spots, stains, and spills.
- Responds to cleaning requests for planned vacations, office moves, space renovations, and project work.
- Works with students to complete cleaning responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two years of professional cleaning experience, preferably at an educational institution, required.
- Ability to work 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. required.
- Ability to periodically work weekend shifts and odd hours, as needed, required Good organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively required.
- Environmental consciousness and a sustainability-focused commitment required.
- An accommodating and friendly customer service attitude required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Work is done primarily indoors in various temperature conditions.
- Frequently exposed to noise, fumes/odors, dirt/dust, and chemicals.
- Periodically works weekend shifts and odd hours. Work shift is 5:00am - 1:30PM.
- Physical demands are frequent: Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, bending, climbing, walking, and seeing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.