Sergeant of Campus Safety
Aquinas College Campus Safety is seeking a Sergeant. The general function of this position is to maintain safety and security on a college campus; to enforce college regulations; to protect and provide services to students, faculty, employees and visitors.
- Supervise, mentor and train student workers.
- Compile, manage and publish Cleary information as required.
- Secure buildings, exterior and interior, after business hours.
- Inspect building interior for fire and safety hazards.
- Report unauthorized or disruptive persons.
- Provide escort service for all college community members.
- Admit authorized persons to college buildings after normal hours.
- Monitor special events and activities.
- Respond to complaints of criminal activity.
- Regulate and enforce campus traffic and parking regulations.
- Provide first response medical assistance.
- Act as liaison between Campus Safety and departments of Aquinas College.
- Act as liaison between Campus Safety and Mutual Aid Agencies to include Police, Fire and Ambulance.
- 18 years of age.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain standard first aid and CPR certification.
- Obtain NIMS Certification.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Available to work flexible hours, including evening and weekends.
- Pass criminal background check.
- Successfully complete training program.
Education/Experience Preferred Requirements:
- Previous experience in compiling, monitoring Cleary information.
- Background in criminal justice or some course study in police administration.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Be in good physical condition; eyesight correctable to 20/20.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Physically fit to climb several flights of stairs.
- Able to lift 50 Lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.