The Aquinas College Undergraduate Admissions Office seeks an individual to serve as the direct link between the College and prospective undergraduate students. The Admissions Representative will represent the College in articulating academic programs and the enrollment process, including admission and financial aid procedures, with all classifications of students served by the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Admissions recruitment, counseling, outreach and application review are all significant functions of this position.
- Responsible for prospect generation, application development and enrollment from an assigned territory through various recruitment strategies. This includes evening and weekend hours.
- Plan and organize assigned territory for optimal recruitment through a variety of outreach & correspondence methods, individual appointments, alumni utilization & faculty/staff support.
- Review and evaluate applications for completion, admission & scholarship decision.
- Schedule and facilitate high school visits and attend college fairs in assigned territory.
- Complete travel itinerary (over an average ten week period) from assigned territory. Monitor and submit travel and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in all services available to students, including admissions process, financial aid and scholarships, academic programs, athletic eligibility, campus life etc.
- Educate prospective students, families, educational groups etc., during on campus individual appointments as well as on and off campus group presentations.
- Maintain and grow website & promotional materials content as it relates to your responsibilities.
- Attend all on-campus recruitment events including AQDay programs, Spectrum Scholarship Competition, special group visit initiatives, counselor outreach events, summer registration programs and parent programs.
- Attend off campus recruitment related events on an as needed basis. This includes senior awards nights, college decision making presentations and panel discussions on admissions related topics.
- Aid in the successful execution of auxiliary admission functions: AQDay planning and implementation, student ambassador program, Admissions intern selection and training, Club AQ and possible summer camps.
- Assist other staff in the recruitment of nursing, engineering, international, dual enrollment & transfer students.
- Responsible to work assigned Saturdays to serve students unable to visit during the week.
- Maintain documentation and analytical tracking of territories through CRM tool.
- Follow-up on all written and verbal correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, texts and notice board contacts.
- Attend all admission staff meetings and be responsible for reporting on assigned territory.
- Maintain office-wide Process Based Management (PBM) for steps related to territory/staff responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the admissions leadership team.
- Keep current on trends in higher education.
- Keep current on college wide developments and new program opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior experience with relatable skills is beneficial.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills-including public speaking.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with varied constituencies such as high school counselors, teachers and principals, faculty, coaches and a variety of other college staff as well as alumni.
- Experience working with data/database reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and/or experience with social media.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office setting.
- Recruitment travel within MI, IN, OH & IL or as territory/department needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to unconventional hours and work week schedule.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.