Associate Provost and Dean of Curriculum
"The Office of Academic Affairs seeks a dynamic leader to serve Aquinas College as Associate Provost and Dean of Curriculum beginning August 2019". Reporting directly to the Provost, the primary role of the Associate Provost is to ensure the quality and sustainability of Aquinas College’s academic programs. At the discretion of the Provost, the Associate Provost also serves as the Director of the Advantage Center. The Advantage Center houses career services, student internships, study away experiences, and student research. The Associate Provost is also a member of the President’s cabinet. As an educational community that embraces its namesake’s integration of faith and reason, Aquinas College esteems the Dominican philosophy of education rooted in prayer, study, community and service. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of Aquinas College as expressed in its mission statement.
- Lead administrator regarding curricular matters.
- Assist the academic administration in fulfilling strategic objectives.
- Primary contact for all academic complaints regarding undergraduate instruction.
- Primary contact for department chairs and academic program directors.
- Work with departmentchairs, registrar and director of instructional services to build the College courseschedule.
- Serve as interim Director of the Advantage Center, and provide oversight for Career Development curriculum.
- Promote administrative compliance and continued accreditation.
- Oversee the development and implementation of academic partnerships with other colleges and universities.
- Direct supervision of the director of career services and the director of international programs & services.
- Committee Liaison: Committee on General Education, Committee on Studies, Committee on Graduate Studies, or as assigned by the Provost.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Ph.D. or relevant terminal degree and faculty experience in higher education required.
- Higher education administrative and governance experience as well as prior experience serving at an institution of Catholic higher education preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills-including public speaking.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with varied constituencies such as faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Investigate and launch new academic programs and modes of delivery.
- Manage external grants provided to the office of academic affairs.
- Enhance the efficiency of existing academic programs, Advantage Center programs, and promote innovation and community engagement.
- Provide leadership in the college’s re-accreditation preparation.
- Foster the College’s Catholic and Dominican heritage.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office environment that requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Use of typical office equipment (phone, fax, computers, copiers).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.
To apply, please submit the following no later than Friday, September 28, 2018:
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
3) List of references
4) Statement reflecting on your potential contribution to the Aquinas College mission