Assistant Professor of Sociology
Aquinas College is seeking a candidate who has a doctoral degree in sociology, the ability to teach in our core, with a preference for teaching and/or research expertise in the areas of sociology of health, gender studies, social work, and/or human services.
- Experience teaching a community-based learning curriculum.
- Lending to the integration of course content that engages with community partners.
- Advising and mentoring students.
- Working on departmental curriculum development.
- Participating in college-wide activities.
- Committed to social justice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- A qualified candidate has a doctoral degree in Sociology with a preference for teaching and/or research expertise in the areas of Sociology of health, gender studies, social work, and/or human services.
- Willingness to support the Dominican and Catholic values of the university as expressed in its mission statement.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office environment that requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Use of typical office equipment (phone, fax, computers, copiers).
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Bending, stooping.
- Able to walk across campus to attend meetings and events.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.
To apply, submit a 1) cover letter, 2) statements on teaching philosophy and research interests, 3) a curriculum vitae with a list of three references, and 4) a statement reflecting on your potential contribution to the Aquinas College mission. The deadline for submission is Friday, November 30, 2018.