Biochemistry Molecular Biology tenure-track position (Full-time)
Aquinas College is seeking a candidate for a full-time, Biochemistry Molecular Biology tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. As an educational community that embraces its namesake’s integration of faith and reason, Aquinas College esteems the Dominican philosophy of education rooted in prayer, study, community and service.
- Teach courses in the newly established interdisciplinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major as well as other courses in biology and/or chemistry.
- To develop a research program involving undergraduates; and to support the department and college through service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- A qualified candidate must have a PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or a closely-related field with the ability to teach another subfield of chemistry and/or introductory biology.
- Willingness to support the Catholic Dominican mission of Aquinas College as expressed in its mission statement.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office environment that requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Use of typical office equipment (phone, fax, computers, copiers).
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Bending, stooping.
- Able to walk across campus to attend meetings and events.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A cover letter in which the applicant reflects on his/her potential contribution to the Aquinas College mission and to this position.
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial).
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
Evaluation of applicants will begin on November 30, 2018 but applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Grand Rapids, located in West Michigan, is a vibrant, diverse city in a region with a wide range of cultural and recreational opportunities. Aquinas College is a well-respected institution in this family-friendly and education-oriented area. Visit www.aquinas.edu for more information about the college.