Assistant Professor of International Business tenure-track position
Aquinas College is seeking a candidate who has a master's degree in international business for a tenure-track position as the lead faculty member for the major of International Business in the Business Administration Department. The appointment will begin in August 2019.
- Expertise in the study of international business.
- Work experience with a global company and evidence of scholarship.
- Advising and mentoring students.
- Pursuing scholarly research.
- Bridging relationships with the business community, and participating in departmental and college-wide service.
- Maintaining office hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
- A qualified candidate must have a master’s degree in international business or a related field; PhD or DBA strongly preferred.
- Teaching excellence.
- Willingness to support the Dominican and Catholic values of the university.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Office environment that requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Use of typical office equipment (phone, fax, computers, copiers).
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Bending, stooping.
- Able to walk across campus to attend meetings and event.
As an educational community that embraces its namesake’s integration of faith and reason, Aquinas College esteems the Dominican philosophy of education rooted in prayer, study, community and service. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of Aquinas College as expressed in its mission statement.
To apply, please submit the following:
1) Cover letter that describes your teaching philosophy
2) Curriculum vitae
3) List of references
4) Statement reflecting on your potential contribution to the Aquinas College mission
Review of applications will begin December 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.