ITS Support Supervisor
Aquinas College seeks an ITS Support Supervisor for the Information Technology & Services (ITS) department.
This position will be responsible for leading, developing, and motivating a team of technical support specialists to deliver excellent technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness within the organization’s budget.
- Develop performance measurement framework and facilitate feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills.
- Monitoring the ticketing system to ensure issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Installation and/or troubleshoot equipment (Desktops, laptops and printers).
- Collaborate with business unit managers to ensure new staff have proper equipment.
- Management of open and identified academic computing labs.
- Development and maintenance of desktop, laptop and mobile device standards.
- Oversees new hire and account lifecycle management process for employees, faculty and students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working in a service desk environment supporting 500+ customer-base across multi-site organization.
- Experience with ITSM & ITIL methodologies along with implementation within a technical support environment.
- Experience in administration & management of Windows OS, Google Apps and business productivity applications as well as deploying a Windows OS migration, specifically Windows 10.
- Experience with Active Directory and System Center.
- Knowledgeable in Desktop/Laptop configurations, roadmaps and refresh strategies.
- Experience in managing & tracking assets.
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
- Strong leadership and customer support skills, able to analyze & solve complex issues.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills & methods to encourage team & foster inter-team communication.
- Ability to measure and evaluate work processes and services to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to use appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions and measure impact. Experience in higher education is preferred, but not required.
- Supervisory duties may include requirements gathering, team development, resource scheduling and ensuring that those under their direction have adequate resources to complete their jobs.
- Experience in higher education is preferred, but not required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a professional office and campus environment. This role routinely uses all manner of standard office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Walk, kneel, stoop and or crawl, sometimes in tight spaces.
- Generally, the job requires 50% sitting, 20% walking, and 30% standing.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours. After hours and On-Call support as both technical and business process escalations are a requirement for this position.
- Less than 5%.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.