Head Men’s Soccer Coach
The Athletic department seeks a Head Men's Soccer Coach reporting to the Athletic Director. This position is responsible for recruitment, maintaining roster size, practice planning, game scheduling, travel arrangements, student-athlete academic and athletic performance, budget management, and the student-athlete experience of the Aquinas College Men’s Soccer Program.
- Be responsible for the planning, organization and the on-going development of the athletic programming and activities of the program.
- Be responsible for scheduling all practice, scrimmages, and games.
- Be responsible for all travel and game requirements.
- Be responsible for building a cohesive and competitive program.
- Recruit academically and athletically qualified, full-time student-athletes to participate in the program.
- Hire, train and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches
- Promote the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement of a study program.
- Assist athletic department in athletic issues as needed.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
- Report any known violations or concerns to administration.
- Conform to all Athletic Department Policies and procedures required.
- Represent Aquinas College and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role moded for all students-athletes.
- Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
- Posses a valid CPR Certification.
- Posses a valid State of Michigan Driver's License and be responsible for driving Aquinas College vehicles and/or rental vehicles when assigned for away contests.
- Have a minimun of a Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred.
- Have 3-5 year of advanced Soccer coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
- Have a strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have exceptional customer service attitude.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Business office/outside environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone
- Must be able to travel (schedule may include day, evening and/or weekend availability, overnight stay, and use of own transportation)
- May be heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.