Registrar and Director of Academic Advising
Aquinas College seeks a dynamic leader to serve as the college Registrar and Director of Academic Advising. Reporting directly to the Provost, the primary role of the Registrar is to oversee the system of student records and advising. As an educational community that embraces its namesake’s integration of faith and reason, Aquinas College esteems the Dominican philosophy of education rooted in prayer, study, community and service. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of Aquinas College as expressed in its mission statement.
- Maintain the record function of the College, including integrity of current and archived student grades, transcripts, degrees awarded, probation, dismissal, enrollments, course history, semester progress reports, as well as graduation audit records.
- Directly supervise Assistant Registrar, Graduation Auditor, Coordinator of Continuing Education Admissions, Coordinator of freshmen and transfer placement testing, advising and registration, Transcript and grade specialist, and indirectly supervise our Front desk assistant, Veterans certifying official, Degree Audit/Technology Specialist and 2 to 3 student labor positions.
- Oversee the academic advising function of the College for all undergraduate students.
- Implementation and oversight of enrollment function of the college.
- Determine and monitor student status.
- Provide admissions process support through placements, evaluations and transfers credits for traditional and adult undergraduate students.
- Implementation of Colleague enhancements and new programming to enhance the student information systems.
- Produce the Academic Schedule for Aquinas College.
- Regular reporting to the campus community on grades, scheduling, major and minors, probation, dismissal, advisor/advisees, room assignments, etc. as well as outside entities as needed.
- Development of equivalency agreements with areas outside of the College.
- Ongoing participation in curriculum committees and other department meetings or groups.
- Work with the Office of Academic Affairs to produce the Academic Catalog.
- Provide and coordinate registration information in accordance with university partnership agreements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative software systems in higher education, Microsoft Office components.
- Academic Advising and student mentoring experience.
- Ability to lead team members via coaching, training and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Colleague and other software application capabilities and ability to implement software enhancements.
- Ability to Adjudicate student record conflicts toward acceptable outcome.s
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in policy development.
- Ability to Lead team members by persuasion, role modeling and coaching.
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Use of typical office equipment (computer, phone, fax machine, copier).
To apply, please submit the following materials no later than Friday, December 28th, 2018.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
3) List of references
4) Statement reflecting on your potential contribution to the Aquinas College
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.