The Housekeeping Department at Aquinas College seeks a Housekeeper. The Housekeeper performs various tasks, procedures, and processes related to the care, cleanliness, and general appearance of Aquinas College and its facilities. Cleaning includes daily assignments, regularly scheduled projects, and special work details.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms and shower areas, keeping them supplied with toilet paper, paper towel, and hand soap.
- Empties containers for trash, recycling, and composting. Replaces liners as needed and keeps receptacles clean.
- Records weight measurements for trash, recycling, and composted materials.
- Cleans carpeted areas with a vacuum.
- Sweeps and wet mops hard floor surfaces in bathrooms, stairwells, and hallways.
- Dusts and or washes surfaces and fixtures to include furniture, desks, windows and window blinds, chalkboards and whiteboards, lights, railings, walls, doors, and knobs.
- Monitors and reports building maintenance needs.
- Strips, shower scrubs and waxes tile floors.
- Shampoos and extracts carpeting, including removing spots, stains, and spills.
- Responds to cleaning requests for planned vacations, office moves, space renovations, and project work.
- Works with students to complete cleaning responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two years of professional cleaning experience, preferably at an educational institution, required.
- Ability to work 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. required.
- Ability to periodically work weekend shifts and odd hours, as needed, required good organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively required.
- Environmental consciousness and a sustainability-focused commitment required.
- An accommodating and friendly customer service attitude required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Work is done primarily indoors in various temperature conditions.
- Frequently exposed to noise, fumes/odors, dirt/dust, and chemicals.
- Periodically works weekend shifts and odd hours. Work shift is 5:00am - 1:30PM.
- Physical demands are frequent: Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, bending, climbing, walking, and seeing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.